Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Life and God

Things are transitioning from the pristine perfect vacation to the everyday life. While the wonder and love that I have for Spain will probably never wear off, the “honeymoon stage” definitely has.
There have been many recent days where I’ve woken up and immediately thought “I don’t wanna go to school.” I’ve been procrastinating on my homework through the means of facebook. I don’t always want to talk at dinner. The street performers just don’t entertain me anymore like they did at the beginning. I still silently rebuke that stupid floating devil every time I pass by, but I don’t even look twice at the headless musicians, the bodyless heads on the table, the flamenco dancer, and the golden statue man. The excitement has waned a little, and the vacation is over. The normal life of petty frustrations, routine, and fatigue has begun.
But I’m still having the best time of my life.
Last Friday, I had the opportunity to explore Córdoba, a city near Sevilla that is packed with art, history, and beauty. The main attraction of Córdoba is the half mosque half cathedral that is absolutely breathtaking. Literally I think my mouth was open the whole time we were in there. We also got to see the beautiful Roman bridge over the river, and my friends and I explored Alcazar: a castle and gardens. When I experience a day like Córdoba, I remember exactly where I am in the world and how blessed I am to have this semester abroad.
Along with Córdoba, one of the highlights of last week was Saturday night by the river. I sat with three other girls and we prayed and had honest, authentic conversation about faith as we were surrounded by the beautiful lights of the city and even the fireworks that were exploding in the sky. It was one of those nights that just got me so amped about what the Lord is going to do this semester.
Because seriously, it already blows my mind what the Lord has revealed to me in these three short weeks.
God is present in this land. He always has been. He is also wildly present in my home of Minnesota. There is no way to extinguish the presence of God; even in the Córdoba mosque and seemingly dark places on this earth, God’s presence sings its testimony.

There is no place to run from God on earth, only to keep running to Him. Wherever I go on this planet, I will have petty frustrations and normal human fatigue, but all I ever want to do is keep running to His omniscient presence.









1 comment: