Thursday, October 1, 2015

What I miss

For some reason, I thought that if I made a post like this, it would mean I’m homesick and complaining about my time here. I associated missing things from home with being miserable and hating life, which is most definitely not the case. To miss something means to notice the absence of something valuable. It has been such a blessing to take a step out of my regular life and be able to deeply appreciate all the beauties that fill my life in America. So with that, here is my brief list, in no particular order, of what I miss from home: both the shallow and the deep.

1.     Peanut butter.
2.     Jep the Jeep. Walking to class is so wonderful, but I just miss cruising around in my car with the windows down and the music cranked up.
3.     Nature. The ancient city of Sevilla is so beautiful, but this introvert is craving time away from the crowded streets of tourists. I’ve been having this desire that keeps flashing in my mind of taking a walk around Lake Johanna at Northwestern. Too bad it’s 4,000 miles away.
4.     A grilled chicken sandwich with provolone cheese, ketchup, and fries from the eagle’s nest.
5.     Minnesota fall! Honestly I think this is the number one thing that I miss. I want to experience that crisp, cool weather and the trees changing color. And let’s be honest, I just wanna wear a scarf and a sweatshirt without sweating profusely and breaking out in a heat rash. I’m not really loving the 90-degree weather in October.
6.     My dogs. I’ve literally been having reoccurring dreams of them, and I don’t know why.
7.     People. You know who you are.
8.     River Valley Church! I miss worshipping the Lord in English with a church that is just as freakishly crazy and passionate about Jesus as I am. Fair enough?
9.     Dorm life. Late night laughs. Movies. Christmas lights. Tea. All of it.  


Still having the best time of my life though! Besitos from Spain!

1 comment: