Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Belleza

Mi primer día en España fue llenado de belleza.
Belleza. Beauty.
There was beauty in the chaos of lugging over 50 pounds of suitcases around Madrid and being able to laugh, smile, and be untouched by the anxiety of the situation.
There was beauty in the moment of my roommate and I being brought to our host home in the taxi and realizing the reality of a semester abroad.
There was beauty in the first meal shared with our señora, feeling awkward and timid.
There was beauty in that heavenly siesta.
There was beauty in walking around Sevilla and seeing the gorgeous Spanish-speaking locals that livened the cobble-stoned streets on a Tuesday night.
There was definite beauty in absorbing the scenery: ageless buildings, the beautiful river, and the sunset.
There was beauty in dinner, where I sat with five individuals I had just met from three different cultures and bonded over speaking Spanish, learning and listening to Italian, and teaching English words.

Finally, there was beauty sitting in my bed with the window open, letting in the breeze and belleza of Sevilla, my home for the next 3 and a half months.

No comments:

Post a Comment