Thursday, December 18, 2014

Child of God

I am a child of God.
I am not perfect
I am a sinner
I have a heart that desires to seek the Lord
I have a mind that brutally battles against my true beliefs
I have an anxious demeanor
I am fearful of the future and my health and my life and my soul
And everything else there is to fear
I have the inner tendency towards peace
But this is often clouded by the anxieties of the frantic world
I want to relax
I want to live with little riches
I want to be dependent on God and glorify Him through that
I want to have reason to fear but yet let my heart be tranquil
I want to be still
I want the presence of God to linger with me always

I live in a country that is free
But where Christians are still openly persecuted
I live in a world that is fallen
Where grief runs rampant
A world that is powered by selfishness and greed
Where every person is controlled by these characteristics
I am selfish
I am greedy
But I understand and strive to change
I want to rebuke these innate human desires
I want to have selfless faith
I want to love
I want to give
I want more of Jesus

I am an introvert
I am not the world’s most accepted personality
I am not accepted or understood by many
But I have true authentic friendships
I want to be loved
I want to be protected

I am taken care of by someone who is higher than I
I am loved
I am protected
I have a Savior
I am not perfect

But I am a child of God

No comments:

Post a Comment